TASTY LOW-CARB WHITE BEAN & SPINACH SOUP
EASY WHITE BEAN & SPINACH SOUP INGREDIENTS
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small leek bulbs, outer layers removed, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28-ounce) can low-sodium diced tomatoes (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a Dutch oven or large oven-safe pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the leek, onion, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (plus juices), beans, spinach
andbroth. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and transfer to the oven. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the spinach has wilted, 25 to 30 minutes.
- I took mine out of the oven after 25 minutes and gave it a good stir, and then placed it back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
Stir in the other 1/2 teaspoon of salt and enjoy!
- Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 of dish
- Per serving: Calories: 270; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 711mg; Carbohydrate: 46g; Dietary Fiber: 11g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 14g
- Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 1042mg; Iron: 44%; Vitamin A: 148%; Vitamin C: 69%; Calcium: 24%