Join us as we collaborate with STAR Students and LET’S MOVE!!!
JAENP PARTNERS WITH I’M A STAR FOUNDATION
This event is a grassroots effort to engage youth in the battle against childhood obesity. The Jacksonville’s children foundation has modeled their goals and principles after the 44. First Lady of the United States of America — Michelle Obama — and her MOVE campaign. Together with our expertise, resources
In order to make this one-day event a success, we ask for your volunteered assistance. We require generous aid from personal trainers, fitness enthusiasts
ALL event volunteers and participants will be given JAENP T-Shirts for clear identification and uniformity. However, if you would like your logo branded on the event T-Shirt, the deadline for request and processing is November 15. at 5:00 PM. Please note; in order to fulfill this request, a high-resolution copy of your logo and $100 fee must also be paid by November 15…
The event, which was designed by the teen group of I’m A Star Foundation caters for the whole family — not just kids. There will be free food, games, sports, dancing, arts and craft activities to name a few. Vendors will also be on the event grounds selling various toys, tokens
City and community leaders of all kinds have already committed to supporting this event. Like other events hosted by
I’m A Star Foundation has also partnered with radio station 93.3 – The Beat in a #LetsMoveMondays social media challenge. Every Monday, post a video of yourself dancing to your Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, with the hashtag #letsmovemondays — one lucky winner will be chosen to receive a prize of $100. This winner will be announced at the event – Let’s Move Jacksonville on December 2nd.
About the I’m A Star Foundation
- It was established in 2010.
- I’m A Star Foundation is a non-profit organization comprised of students (ages 12-18) which develops solutions to improve youth communities.
- The acronym
STAR,represents “Smart, Talented And Resilient” students.
- The foundation draws 35 volunteer student servant leaders from middle and high schools across Duval County each year.
- Founder and Executive Director Betty Seabrook Burney
isa former Duval County School Board Chairwoman who achieved the distinction of having all chronically low-performing schools exit the state of Florida’s intervene list by the end of her term.
- I’m A Star Foundation students have been featured in various press outlets, including Florida Times-Union, ABC7Chicago
andthe Huffington Post.
- For more information, please visit www.imastarfoundation.orq